Good morning, happy Black Friday
- FrankenFish: The FDA signed off on the AquAdvantage salmon, the first genetically engineered food animal approved for human consumption. Read more.
- Not so fast: Lawsuits from Canadian environmental groups could still block the salmon from commercial production. Read more.
- The real thing: Coca-Cola’s chief scientist stepped down after it was revealed the company downplayed the role of sugary drinks in the obesity epidemic. Read more.
- The faces behind your food: It’s International Food Workers week, when farmworkers, warehouse workers, meat packers, line cooks, restaurant servers and more team up to fight for fairness up and down the food supply chain. Read more.
- Happy Thanksgiving, y’all: a round-up of what’s on your Thanksgiving table and how it got there. Read more. Related: 14 apps to help reduce food waste. Read more.